Come join us.
Empirical is a well funded, early-stage MIT startup located in Kendall Square, Cambridge. We offer a competitive benefits package including salary, equity, parental leave, and matching 401k with low-cost index funds. We welcome candidates from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Our team learns together and from each other as we develop cutting-edge AI technology to serve customers across a wide range of domains. We value collaboration, cooperation, and communication, as well as work/life balance.
We need people with a passion for data science and learning new things. Help us make Empirical accessible to everyone who wants to learn truth from data.
Data Solutions Engineer
Your role as our Data Solutions Engineer:
- Pre- and post-sales consulting. Implement solutions for customers based on Empirical’s data platform, hands-on and in collaboration with external data scientists, engineers, and analysts. Bridge the gaps in an early AI product and make customers successful by writing scripts, wrangling data, and integrating APIs. Projects range from a few hours of experiment design to a few days of proof of concept to a few weeks of software implementation.
- Demonstrations and presentations. Developing great live demos and get potential customers hands-on with Empirical Data Platform at workshops and conferences.
- Training and Enablement. Help customers expand their use of the product, facilitate product feedback, and assist customers in building quality prototype use cases.
Our ideal candidate has some of the following:
- 3+ years of experience in data science delivery, customer success, and/or consulting for API, analytics, and dev-oriented products
- Strong customer interaction skills
- Experience with Python, R, SQL, and Excel
- Strong data wrangling and analysis skills
- Impressive verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with adopting and providing feedback on new software tools
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage priorities, and accurately set expectations
- Training or teaching experience
- University or continuing education courses in basic probability, statistics, and research methods
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.